Occupational health and safety
In accordance with the Policy in the field of quality, safety and environmental protection, one of the main objectives of KMTF is to ensure occupational health and safety of employees. In this regard, KMTF strongly promotes:
- The priority of the value of human life and health in relation to the results of production activities;
- Involvement and training of managers at all levels on occupational health and safety issues;
- Personal responsibility of employees for compliance with safety requirements;
- Creating a positive safety culture to prevent incidents and accidents;
- Effective communication between all stakeholders;
- Safe performance of work and correction of unsafe behavior.
In accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan and international maritime practice, KMTF performs the following activities and works in the field of occupational health and safety:
- The Occupational Health and Safety Service carries out internal control over compliance with occupational health and safety requirements.
- The following documentation in the field of occupational health and safety has been developed and approved: Policies, instructions, rules, procedures, golden rules, hazard identification and risk assessment, etc.
- Trainings, instructions and testing of knowledge on occupational health and safety are carried out.
- Employees are provided with special work clothes, special footwear and other personal protective equipment in accordance with standards.
- Behavioral safety monitoring system has been introduced. Responsible employees conduct behavioral safety monitoring, according to the approved schedule.
- A contract of compulsory insurance of employees against accidents in the performance of their work (official) duties is concluded.
- Medical examinations of vessel crews and drivers of company vehicles (including sobriety tests) are carried out.
- Vessels are provided with the following first-aid outfits: first aid kits, blood pressure cuffs, eye wash stations, WHO International Medical Guide for Ships, etc.
- Microbiological and bacteriological examinations (analyses) of the water of the ship’s water supply system are carried out.
- Employees are provided with free medical services under medical services/health insurance contracts.
- Annual medical examinations of employees (subject to such examinations) are carried out.
- The first round of the competition of the Chairman of the Management Board of KMG “The Best Innovative Ideas and Practices in the Field of HSE of the KMG Group of Companies” is held annually.
- An analysis of the root causes of incidents and accidents is carried out. Measures for their prevention are developed.
KMTF Golden Rules
The Golden Rules of KMTF were approved by the decision of KMTF.
The Golden Rules of KMTF are the key requirements for safe performance of work, developed on the basis of international best practices in the field of safety and labour protection of leading oil and gas companies.
The Golden Rules fully comply with the established requirements of the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan and International Standards in the field of safety and labour protection.
The Golden Rules do not supersede the observance of the basic rules for the safety of various types of work, but are in addition to them.
All workers of KMTF should demonstrate by their personal example their adherence to issues of labor protection, industrial and fire safety.
Stop work authority
KMTF provides employees with guarantees of the legal right to refuse to work in the event of a situation that creates a threat to the life and health of the workers themselves or the people around them.
If you find an unsafe condition, action, mistake, omission, or misunderstanding that could cause harm to people, the environment, or property, STOP WORK. Your action will not be subject to disciplinary action.